Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hot tubbing!

I'm leaving this one up to your imagination. The Maurer family did a little "swimming" tonight. Yes, all four of us in Aubree's little kiddie pool. You'll have to just picture us all splashing away in her little inflatable whale pool because it was definitely a "no camera zone." If it helps paint the picture, envision Aubree shrieking and splashing like a crazy one with her little cheeks hanging out of her hot pink swimming suit wedgie; me, probably looking like a cross between Moby Dick and Mother Goose while trying to protect Jada from getting splashed; and Jada sporting her classic "What in the world is going on here?" frowny face. As for Chris, he was on his belly blowing bubbles in the water, apparently having a marvelous time of it. I'm pretty sure I heard the neighbors snickering behind their curtains, but I will say that Chris and I both agreed that we had a pretty good time out there in our little redneck hot tub.


In other news. today we said "adiĆ³s" to our beloved Subaru (*sniff sniff*) and our monstrous lease payment (woohoo!), Aubree experienced potty-training meltdowns, but even under great emotional duress did manage 4 pees and 1 poop on her potty. Oh, and my girl, Sheila, gave me a great haircut... it's the small joys.

A deceptively peaceful glimpse of a tumultuous day!

No comments: