Tuesday, February 9, 2010

She might have figured it out...

Last night Aubree and I were playing with my little Russian nesting dolls, you know the ones that split in half and go from little to big. I think I finally got her to realize that this big bump in my middle is actually a baby sister and not just something for her to jab her elbow into everytime she climbs into my lap. She had a pretty cute little "lightbulb" moment when I showed her how the middle-sized doll was the big sister and how the itty-bitty doll was her baby sister. I even think it was clicking when I showed her that the tiny one was going to come out of the Mommy doll. The good news is she was hugging the itty-bitty doll and kissing it with the big sister doll. There is hope that she's not going to just be completely shocked in a couple of months when her sissy comes home.

No comments: