Saturday, August 16, 2008

back to school

I'm pretty sure Aubree grew up a bunch this week while I was back to work. Chris and I both noticed that she is starting to look more like a little kid and less like an infant. I guess that's inevitable. I can't believe she'll be 4 months old in a couple of days. She gives cute little smiles and giggles to everyone, and she LOVES being lifted up in the air. The week at Dana and Richard's went pretty well. As hard as it was to leave her, I was glad to be back at work. I forgot over the summer how much I like my job and my school. It's nice to be back among friendly faces. Knowing that I'm leaving her with a trusted friend makes the transition easier, and Josh (4) and Jake (2) love having her around-- so far.



It's not just Aubree who is changing. Motherhood has caused me to suddenly get ready in the morning in half the time it used to take, to eat every meal single-handedly in about 10 minutes tops, and to actually become a safe responsible driver. For all of those who thought it would never happen, the minute her little face was reflected in my rearview mirror, my rate of driving slowed by about 10 mph! It's interesting how that instinct kicked in, and I'm suddenly almost comically protective of our little girl. Oh, I've also developed the skill of blogging while this cutie pie is curled up and snoozing on my chest. She's snoring right now. What a sweetie pie!



Well, just wanted to check in so everyone knows that we made it through the first week of back to school. :-)

Take care!
B

1 comment:

Granny Rosebud said...

Oh my gosh! She is so beautiful!
I'd say that even if she wasn't my granddaughter. Granny Rosebud